Lift the lid on your barbie to create colourful Asian beef kebabs that are perfect for entertaining.
- 750g rump steak, trimmed
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 450g daikon radish*
- 2 small carrots
- 2 teaspoons black or white
- sesame seeds
- Cut beef into long thin strips on the diagonal. Thread onto skewers. Place into a ceramic dish.
- Combine soy sauce, 1/2 cup of mirin, sake and sugar in a jug. Pour over beef. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight if time permits.
- Peel radish and carrots. Cut into 5cm lengths then cut into thin strips. Place into a bowl. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and remaining 2 tablespoons of mirin. Toss until well combined.
- Preheat a barbecue plate on medium-high heat. Remove skewers from marinade. Cook for 2 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking.