Make your favourite takeaway at home with this delicious beef curry, sprinkled with roasted cashews and fresh coriander.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 700g Australian Gravy Beef, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1/3 cup (100g) korma curry paste
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) beef stock
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled, cut crossways into 1cm-thick slices
- 1 small eggplant, chopped
- 1/3 cup (80ml) thickened cream
- Steamed basmati rice, to serve
- 1/4 cup (40g) roasted cashews
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- Pappadums, to serve
- Heat the oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook the beef for 5 mins or until browned all over. Add the curry paste and onion. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until fragrant. Add the stock and 3/4 cup (185ml) water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 hours or until beef is tender.
- Add the sweet potato and eggplant to the pan. Cook, covered, for a further 15 mins or until sweet potato is almost tender. Stir in the cream.
- Divide the rice and curry among serving bowls. Sprinkle with cashews and coriander. Serve with pappadums.