Fill the air with fragrant mouth-watering spices, pile the table with curries, then dive into a spectacular Indian feast.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 500g diced beef
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup korma curry paste
- 600g jap pumpkin, peeled, diced
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Massel beef stock
- Steamed Basmati rice, to serve
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add one-third of the beef. Cook for 2 minutes or until seared. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat in 2 batches with oil and remaining beef.
- Add remaining oil to saucepan. Add onion and garlic. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until softened. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Return beef and juices to pan. Stir in pumpkin, capsicum, tomatoes and stock.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove lid and cook for a further 10 to 15 minutes or until meat is tender and sauce has thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with steamed rice.