Appreciate the flavours of Spain in this delicious dish made by stewing fish in paprika, tomatoes and white wine.
- 500g firm fish fillets, such as tuna or mahi-mahi, cut into bite sized chunks, season and set aside
- 1 can tomatoes, diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 green capsicum, seeded and diced
- 3-4 red potatoes, cubed
- 1 bay leaf
- Fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- Heat a large saucepan to medium heat. Add olive oil and saute the onion and garlic till soft. Add everything else except fish to the pan. Cover with water. Bring to boil, then simmer covered for 25 minutes.
- Add fish and cook for 4 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately with crusty bread.