Pair sweet with savoury in this vibrant watermelon and watercress salad, served with barbecued beef steaks.
- 4 Australian Beef Eye Fillet Steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 seedless watermelon (about 500g), rind removed, thinly sliced
- 100g watercress, sprigs picked
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 200g marinated fetta, cut into cubes, marinade reserved
- Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Coat beef in oil and garlic and season well. Cook for 3 mins each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside for 5 mins to rest.
- Meanwhile, cook watermelon on grill for 1-2 mins each side or until lightly charred.
- Arrange watermelon, watercress, mint, onion and fetta on serving plates. Thinly slice beef and add to salad. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of reserved fetta marinade. Season. Serve immediately.