Turn up the heat with this Mexican bean dish with mushrooms and mild chilli.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 150g large flat mushrooms, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 banana chillies, cut in half lengthways, deseeded (see note)
- 200g jar hot taco sauce
- 435g can refried beans with chilli
- 2 cups grated tasty cheese
- Preheat barbecue on medium. Lightly grease barbecue plate.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion, garlic and salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Spoon mushroom mixture into chilli cavities. Spoon taco sauce and beans over mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place, cut side up, on barbecue and cook for 8 minutes or until tender and warmed through. Serve with chargrilled meat.