Next time you are craving something sweet, whip up a batch of these tasty but low-fat banana fritters.
- 2 large (about 200g each) ripe bananas, mashed
- 30g (1/4 cup) almond meal
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 large (about 200g) ripe banana, extra, sliced
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) 99 per cent fat-free trim custard (Pauls brand)
- Combine the banana, almond meal, flour, sugar and egg in a medium bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Pour four 80ml (1/3-cup) portions of batter around the edge of the pan, allowing room for spreading, to make 4 fritters. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Place on serving plates. Top with the sliced banana and drizzle with custard.