Semi-dried tomatoes give ordinary meals extra tang. So raid the supermarket deli, then turn this steak and salad favourite into something special.
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 x 400g beef rump steaks, halved crossways
- 1/2 x 300g loaf ciabatta, cut into 2cm cubes
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 medium red onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup (125g) semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 80g baby rocket
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- Combine thyme, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar and 2 tablespoons oil in a glass or ceramic dish. Add steak. Turn to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, if time permits.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200