Create a Father's Day feast with these juicy steaks.
- 200g dried penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 (150g each) beef sirloin steaks
- olive oil cooking spray
- 250g cherry truss tomatoes
- 1/4 cup small fresh basil leaves
- 50g baby rocket
- Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Transfer to a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon oil. Toss to combine.
- Meanwhile, combine vinegar, remaining oil and half the garlic in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add steak. Turn to coat.
- Spray a barbecue plate or chargrill with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook steaks for 3 to 4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook tomatoes for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add tomatoes, basil, rocket and remaining garlic to pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve steaks with pasta salad.