These traditional lamb mince balls with cucumber salad will take your taste-buds on a journey to the Middle East.
- 120g (2/3 cup) Naytura Cracked Wheat
- 400g lamb mince
- 1 brown onion, coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon sumac
- Olive oil, to grease
- Natural yoghurt, to serve
- Lebanese bread, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- 4 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled, quartered lengthways, coarsely chopped
- 4 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh continental parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Place cracked wheat in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Set aside for 15 minutes. Drain through a fine sieve, pressing to remove excess moisture.
- Place 350g mince and half the onion in a large bowl. Add the cracked wheat, mint and half the allspice, and season with salt and pepper. Use wet hands to mix until well combined.
- Cook remaining mince in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 2 minutes or until mince changes colour. Add the remaining onion and cook for 2 minutes or until the mince is cooked and the onion is soft. Stir in the pine nuts, sumac and the remaining allspice. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 200