This pie is a tempting cross between a classic brekkie combo and the much-loved Aussie meat pie.
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 265g (1 3/4 cups) self-raising flour
- 220g butter, chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) iced water
- Olive oil spray
- 450g middle cut bacon rashers, excess fat trimmed
- 12 eggs
- 70g (1/3 cup) finely chopped semi-dried tomatoes
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- Process half the plain flour, half the self-raising flour and half the butter in a food processor until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add half the iced water and process until the mixture just starts to form small clumps. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Repeat with the remaining plain flour, self-raising flour, butter and iced water, adding a little more iced water if necessary. Bring the mixtures together and knead until smooth. Shape into a disc. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour to rest.
- Preheat oven to 180