These barbecued slices of tender turkey are served with a sweet and juicy peach relish.
- 3kg turkey buffe
- 50g butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red chilli, chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 4 ripe peaches
- 2 spring onions
- Preheat a covered barbecue to 180C (if yours has 3 burners light the two outside ones and leave the centre one unlit; if you have 2 burners, light one side only).
- Remove turkey from the packaging then wash inside and out and pat dry with paper towels. Place breast side up in a baking dish. Brush turkey all over with only half the combined butter and oil. Cover with a sheet of non-stick baking paper then a sheet of foil.
- Sit the dish over the unlit burner, lower the barbecue lid and cook for 1 hr. Remove the paper and foil and brush with the remaining butter and oil. Bake for 1 hr more. Remove from barbecue cover loosely with foil and rest for 15 mins. Cut breast meat from bone, slice thickly to serve.
- To make the Peach Relish: Cut a small cross at the base of each peach. Place in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 2 mins then carefully lift out peaches. Drain and cool then peel away the skin. Dice flesh and combine with onions, chilli, vinegar and sugar. Serve relish with the turkey accompanied by side dishes.