Spice-infused, packed with fresh vegetables and vegan - this curry represents the principles of Ayurvedic eating. Increase your vitality and health and tuck into this tasty curry tonight!
- 1.5kg beetroot, peeled, cut into 3cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 400g can coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 brown onions, thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs fresh curry leaves
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1/3 cup red lentils, rinsed, drained
- 100g baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Sprigs coriander, to serve
- Combine beetroot, ginger, garlic, spices and coconut cream in a large bowl. Toss to coat.
- Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Cook onion and curry leaves, stirring, for 5 minutes or until well browned. Add beetroot mixture, chickpeas, lentils and 1 cup water. Season and stir to combine. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 1 hour 15 minutes or until lentils and beetroot are tender. Stir in spinach and lemon juice. Serve sprinkled with coriander.