Take away the guilt with this low-fat kangaroo meat version of a classic fast food favourite.
- 500g kangaroo mince
- 1 brown onion, coarsely grated
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup 97% fat-free dijonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fat-free natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 4 wholemeal bread rolls
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 6 large iceberg lettuce leaves, shredded
- 4 slices reduced-fat cheddar
- 4 gherkins, sliced lengthways
- Place mince, onion and sauce in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Using clean hands, mix until well combined. Divide evenly into 8 portions. Roll each portion into a ball. Working with 1 ball at a time, flatten between the palm of your hands and then on a flat surface to a 9cm-diameter patty. Transfer to a large baking paper-lined tray. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine dijonnaise, yoghurt and dill in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Preheat grill on medium. Using a serrated bread knife, cut each bread roll horizontally into 3 slices. Place slices on a tray. Grill cut sides of rolls for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden.
- Place flour on a large plate. Press patties into flour to lightly coat. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Add half the patties. Cook, turning carefully, for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining patties.
- Place bases on plates. Spread with one-third of the yoghurt mixture. Top with half the lettuce, the cheese and half the patties. Repeat with remaining ingredients, finishing with a layer of sauce, then roll top. Serve.