Liven up your day with this fresh, fast and fabulous asparagus, egg and feta salad.
- 5 anchovy fillets in oil, drained
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 200g firm Greek-style feta, sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 bunches asparagus, shaved (using a mandoline or vegetable peeler)
- 1 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
- 1/2 bunch mint, leaves torn
- 1/2 bunch chives
- 4 eggs, poached
- 1/2 cup (75g) roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Place anchovy in a mortar and pestle and grind to a paste. Whisk together lemon zest and juice, 1/4 cup (60ml) oil and anchovy paste, then season and set dressing aside.
- Place feta on a board and sprinkle over the chilli flakes, pressing lightly into the cheese to coat. Turn feta over and repeat with oregano.
- Heat remaining 1 tbs oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Cook the feta, turning, for 2 minutes or until fragrant and light golden. Cool slightly.
- Place asparagus, lettuce and herbs in a bowl, then toss to combine. Divide salad among 4 bowls, drizzle over dressing and top with feta, eggs and hazelnuts.