The ultimate quickie recipe is given an asian twist with the addition of tofu and asian vegetables.
- 300g silken firm tofu, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 small red capsicum, finely chopped
- 100g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch baby pak choy, chopped
- 115g fresh baby corn, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 eggs
- Asian salad leaves, to serve
- Place tofu pieces in a single layer on paper towel. Cover with more paper towel. Press down gently to remove excess water.
- Combine oyster sauce, soy sauce and fish sauce in a small bowl. Heat a wok over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil. Swirl to coat. Stir-fry capsicum and mushrooms for 2 minutes. Add pak choy, corn and onion. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Add sauce mixture and tofu. Stir-fry for 30 seconds or until heated through. Transfer to a bowl. Cover, keep warm. Wash and dry wok.
- Whisk eggs and 2 tablespoons cold water in a jug until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Heat cleaned wok over medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons remaining oil. Swirl to coat. Pour 1/4 of the egg mixture into wok, tilting the wok to form a thin, round omelette. Cook for 1 minute or until egg is almost set. Transfer to a board. Repeat with remaining oil and egg to make 4 omelettes.
- Spoon 1/4 of the vegetable mixture into centre of 1 omelette. Fold four sides of omelette over to enclose filling. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining omelettes and vegetable mixture. Serve with salad leaves.