Marinade prawns in lemongrass, ginger and garlic for an Asian-style twist to this tasty summer salad.
- 1kg Australian Raw Black Tiger Prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 200g pad Thai rice noodles
- 350g pkt Asian Style Salad Kit
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- Combine the prawns, oil, lemongrass, ginger and garlic in a large bowl. Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour to develop the flavours.
- Meanwhile, place the noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Set aside for 5 mins or until noodles are tender. Refresh under cold water. Drain
- Heat a barbecue flat plate or chargrill on high. Cook the prawns for 2 mins each side or until browned and cooked through.
- Prepare the salad kit following packet directions. Combine the prawns, noodles, salad mixture and chilli in a large bowl. Season.