Eggs served with spicy sprout salad makes a versatile meal that's easy on the purse.
- 250g bean sprouts
- 150g snow peas, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- Canola oil, for frying
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- For the dressing, whisk together all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place bean sprouts, snow peas, spring onion and chilli in a large bowl.
- Add the dressing, then toss gently to combine.
- Fill a wok with about 6cm of canola oil and place over high heat. When hot (almost smoking), crack an egg into the oil. Fry about 30 seconds each side, turning with a slotted spoon, or until the egg is golden and puffed. Remove and drain on paper towel. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Divide the salad among serving plates, reserving a little for garnish. Top each plate with an egg and garnish with reserved salad.