Take salads to the main event with this healthy chicken salad with an Asian twist.
- 1L (4 cups) water
- 1 brown onion, halved
- 2 single chicken breast fillets
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 150g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1/2 wombok (Chinese cabbage),hard core removed, finely shredded
- 3 green shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 fresh red chilli, deseeded, chopped
- Place water, onion and chicken in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until cooked. Drain chicken and discard onion.
- Place carrot and snow peas in a bowl. Cover with boiling water. Set aside for 1 minute or until bright green and tender crisp. Refresh under cold running water.
- Shred chicken. Place chicken, carrot, snow peas, capsicum, wombok, shallot and coriander in a bowl. Combine lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and chilli in a jar. Pour over salad and combine. Divide among serving bowls to serve.