For a fresh summer dish, try this delicious Asian salmon and peach salad.
- 4 (about 100g each) skinless salmon fillets
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 oak leaf lettuce, leaves separated, coarsely torn
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 4 white peaches, stones removed, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped toasted peanuts
- 1/2 stem lemongrass, pale section only, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger, finely grated
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced tamari
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- To make the lemongrass dressing, place the lemongrass, ginger, lime juice, tamari, sugar and oil in a screw-top jar and shake until well combined.
- Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium. Season the salmon. Cook for 2 mins each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest. Coarsely flake.
- Combine the onion, chilli, lettuce, mint, coriander and peach in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing. Gently toss to combine.
- Divide the salad among serving plates. Top with salmon and sprinkle with peanuts. Serve immediately.