This simple fennel salad packs a punch of flavour.
- 3 bulbs baby fennel, trimmed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus extra leaves, to serve
- 1 cup (firmly packed) mint leaves, roughly torn, plus extra, to serve
- 150g (1/2 cup) Japanese mayonnaise (see note )
- 60ml (1/4 cup) lemon juice
- 60ml (1/4 cup) pouring cream
- To make dressing, whisk mayonnaise with lemon juice and cream in a bowl, then season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Using a mandolin or sharp knife, thinly slice fennel lengthwise. Place in a large bowl with parsley and mint, add dressing and gently toss to coat.
- Scatter fennel coleslaw with extra mint and parsley leaves to serve