Try this crispy skin pork belly in a sweet Asian marinade by taste member, 'CKnight'.
- 1kg piece pork belly
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoi sin sauce
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt flakes
- Using a sharp knife, score the pork rind so that its evenly marked at 1cm intervals. Place pork on wire rack, rind side up, over sink. Pour boiling water carefully over pork rind. Pat dry with paper towel. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine garlic, ginger, five spice, soy, hoi sin, sherry and sugar in a ceramic or glass dish big enough to hold the pork belly. Place pork into marinade, skin side up, taking care not to get marinade on the skin side.
- Refrigerate, uncovered for 3 hours or overnight, allowing pork skin to dry out.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a roasting pan with foil. Reserving marinade, place pork into a roasting pan. Roast for 45 minutes or until pork is tender. Brush the skin lightly with oil. Sprinkle with salt. Place under a hot grill until skin is crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, combine reserved marinade and