Filled with delicate crab meat and fresh Asian herbs, this golden omelette is a quick and easy dinner idea.
- 1 long green chilli, halved, seeds removed
- 1 cup fresh cooked crabmeat (see note)
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup snow pea sprouts or pea shoots (see note), trimmed
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- Finely chop half the chilli and stir in a bowl with the crab, ginger and half the spring onion. Set aside. Thinly slice the remaining chilli, then place in a bowl with the sprouts and remaining spring onion. Set aside.
- Lightly beat the eggs with the soy and fish sauce to combine.
- Brush a large non-stick frypan with a little oil and place over medium heat. Once the old is heated, add egg and shake pan to distribute, gently stirring with the underside of a fork. As egg begins to cook at the edges, use the fork to draw cooked egg in towards the centre (without breaking up), allowing the uncooked egg to run out towards the edge.
- After 30 seconds, the egg should be just set but still soft. (You want a soft, creamy centre without too much liquid - it will keep cooking once it's removed from the heat.)
- Invert onto a plate and scatter crab mixture down the centre. Roll up and slice in half. Drizzle with oyster sauce, then serve topped with sprout mixture.