Cabbage salad gets an Asian-style twist in this quick and easy recipe.
- 1/2 x 450g pkt San Remo Wholemeal CousCous
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 30g palm sugar, finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 carrots, coarsely shredded
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 100g savoy cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped coriander
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped mint leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped, toasted
- Place the couscous in a large heatproof bowl. Add 460ml boiling water and season with salt. Stir with a fork until liquid is moistly absorbed. Cover and stand for 3 minutes. Fluff up the couscous with a fork to separate the grains. Cover and stand for 2 minutes. Fluff up again. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, place lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and garlic in a medium jug. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the dressing, carrot, onion, cabbage, herbs and seeds to the couscous. Toss to combine and serve sprinkled with the peanuts.