Create a delicious vegetarian pasta dinner using just a few simple ingredients.
- 2 medium lemons
- 375g dried thin spaghetti pasta
- 50g butter
- 4 slices white bread, crusts removed, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 long red chillies, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 2 x 400g cans artichoke hearts, drained, quartered
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Finely grate rind from 1 lemon. Juice lemons. Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until just tender. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup liquid. Return pasta to pan.
- Meanwhile, melt half the butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add bread and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a bowl.
- Melt remaining butter in frying pan. Add onion and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add to pasta. Add lemon rind, lemon juice, reserved liquid, artichoke, parsley and half the bread mixture. Toss to combine. Top with remaining bread mixture. Serve.