This take on risotto rice balls combines beef mince and tomato paste for extra flavour.
- 1 litre Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 60g beef mince
- 2 tablespoons tomato passata
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 20g mozzarella, cut into 1cm cubes
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Place stock in a large saucepan. Cover. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low.
- Heat half the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add rice. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add 1/3 cup stock to rice mixture. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until stock has absorbed. Repeat with remaining stock, adding 1/3 cup at a time, until all liquid has absorbed and rice is tender and creamy. Transfer to a 3cm-deep, 20cm x 30cm baking pan. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until cold.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Add passata. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 200