This ice-cream pudding is perfect for a summer Christmas.
- 2 x 470ml ctns Connoisseur Kangaroo Island Honey With Fig ice-cream
- 200g dried Turkish apricots, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbs Frangelico liqueur
- 1L vanilla ice-cream
- 80g pistachio kernels, coarsely chopped, plus extra, to serve
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 80ml (1/3 cup) water
- 80ml (1/3 cup) Frangelico liqueur
- 150g dried Turkish apricots
- Line a 2L (8-cup) capacity pudding basin with a double layer of plastic wrap, allowing the sides to overhang.
- Soften honey ice-cream for 5 minutes. Spoon into basin, making a well in centre with a 1.5cm-thick border. Place in freezer for 2 hours or until almost firm. Remove and reshape. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Combine apricots and Frangelico in a bowl. Set aside for 2 hours.
- Place vanilla ice-cream in a bowl and allow to soften for 5 minutes. Fold in apricot mixture and pistachio. Spoon into basin. Smooth surface. Cover with overhanging plastic wrap. Freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- For toffee apricots, stir sugar and water in a saucepan over low heat for 2-3 minutes to dissolve. Bring to boil. Boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in a quarter of the Frangelico, taking care as it spits. Stir in apricots. Cool for 10 minutes. Stir in remaining Frangelico.
- Chill a platter in the freezer. Turn the pudding onto the platter. Remove plastic wrap. Freeze pudding for 20 minutes or until firm. Top with toffee apricots and syrup. Sprinkle with extra pistachio.