Make your freezer earn its keep with these wonderful apple pie ice-cream dessert sandwiches.
- 1.25 litres vanilla ice-cream, softened
- 400g can pie apple slices, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 24 thin oat biscuits
- Grease a 3cm-deep, 20cm x 30cm (base) lamington pan. Line with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at long ends.
- Place ice-cream, apple, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl. Stir to combine. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth top. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Freeze for 8 hours or until firm.
- Place 12 biscuits, flat side up, on a board. Brush with a little cold water. Using a 6.5cm round cutter, cut 12 rounds from ice-cream mixture. Place on biscuits. Brush flat side of remaining biscuits with a little cold water. Sandwich ice-cream between biscuits. Place on a large baking tray. Freeze for 3 hours or until firm.
- Remove from freezer. Set aside for 15 minutes. Serve.