These soft, fluffy bakery-style doughnuts will have everyone running in circles for more!
- 3/4 cup (95g) self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 2 Fuji apples
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- Ground cinnamon, to sprinkle
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Sift flour, sugar and salt into a medium bowl. Add combined milk and egg and whisk to form a thick, smooth batter.
- Peel and core apples. Trim ends, and then slice each into 8 thin rounds.
- Dip apple rounds into batter, shaking away excess. Deep fry in batches, for about 1 minute on each side, or until puffed and golden. Transfer doughnuts to a wire rack and sift icing sugar over the top, then dust with cinnamon. Serve doughnuts warm with ice cream.