Create this fresh, lemon-flavoured pasta dish for a weekend lunch, then top with a runny egg yolk for added richness.
- 400g dried San Remo Angel Hair Spaghetti pasta
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 125ml (1/2 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 300g smoked salmon slices, thinly sliced crossways
- 80g baby rocket
- Coarsely grated parmesan, to serve
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and return to the pan.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil over medium-high heat. Add the vinegar. Reduce heat to medium-low. Crack 1 egg into a small bowl. Use a large spoon to stir the water to make a whirlpool. Carefully pour the egg into the centre of the whirlpool and poach for 4 minutes for a soft yolk or until cooked to your liking. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Whisk the oil, lemon juice and lemon rind in a jug until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add oil mixture, salmon and rocket to the pasta. Toss to combine. Divide among serving plates. Top with eggs and parmesan. Season with pepper.