Refresh you midweek meal repertoire with a few pantry staples, fresh seasonal produce and this clever vegetarian pasta recipe.
- 500g angel hair pasta or other long, thin pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 60g butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 40g (1/2 cup) finely grated parmesan
- 2 long red chillies, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, finely shredded
- 60g baby rocket
- Baguette (optional), to serve
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain, reserving 60ml (1/4 cup) cooking water. Transfer pasta to a large heatproof bowl.
- Meanwhile, place oil, butter and garlic in a small saucepan. Cook, stirring, over high heat for 2 minutes or until garlic starts to colour. Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour oil mixture over pasta. Add parmesan, chillies, lemon zest and juice, basil, rocket and reserved cooking water. Season with salt and pepper, then toss well to combine.
- Divide pasta among bowls and serve with baguette, if using.