Take flight with these American-style wings - think big flavours for little mouths.
- 1/2 cup tomato passata
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 12 (1.5kg) chicken wings
- 1 1/2 cups cornflake crumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons smoky barbecue seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 250g red cabbage, finely shredded
- 250g green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup coleslaw dressing
- Combine passata, tomato paste, garlic and parsley in a jug.
- Cut wing tips from wings and discard. Cut each wing in half at joint. Place in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Pour over tomato mixture. Turn to coat. Cover, refrigerate overnight, if time permits.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Combine cornflake crumbs, seasoning and lemon rind in a bowl. Coat wings all over in crumb mixture. Place on prepared tray.
- Spray with oil. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, without turning, or until chicken is golden and cooked though.
- Meanwhile, make Coleslaw: Place cabbage, carrot and onion in a bowl. Drizzle with dressing. Toss gently to combine. Serve chicken with coleslaw.