This creamy and delicious chicken pasta dish can be on the table in under half an hour.
- 600g fresh spinach and ricotta agnolotti
- 4 small single chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 450ml thickened cream (see note)
- 1/2 cup (130g) store-bought pesto
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve (optional)
- Heat a little olive oil in a large, deep non-stick frying pan and cook chicken for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Cook agnolotti in a large saucepan of boiling salted water according to packet instructions or until al dente. Drain and cover to keep warm.
- Return the frying pan to medium heat and add the cream and pesto. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 3 minutes then add the pasta and gently toss to combine.
- Slice the chicken into medallions. To serve, divide pasta between bowls and top with chicken. Serve, sprinkled with basil leaves if desired.