You and your family will be tucking into this delicious pasta bake in no time!
- 375g dried rigatoni pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 500g beef sausages with garlic and parsley (see note)
- 2 x 50g sachets tomato paste
- 2 x 410g cans tomatoes with basil and garlic
- 100g baby spinach
- 2/3 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella
- Extra shredded basil, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until just tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Squeeze sausage meat from casings into pan. Cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, for 5 to 6 minutes or until just cooked through. Drain any excess oil, if necessary.
- Add tomato paste. Stir to combine. Stir in tomato. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat. Add spinach, basil and rosemary. Stir to combine.
- Add pasta to sausage mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Toss well to combine. Spoon mixture into a 10-cup-capacity ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Stand for 5 minutes. Serve sprinkled with extra basil.