This recipe is easy to make and really tasty! Try it out!
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 large (about 155g) bunch watercress, washed, dried, sprigs picked
- 1 witlof, leaves separated, halved crossways
- 200g smoked salmon, cut into 4cm pieces
- 4 green shallots, trimmed, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger (Buderim Ginger brand), drained
- 1/4 large ripe avocado, peeled, sliced crossways
- 30cm baguette (French stick), diagonally sliced, to serve
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Cook the sesame seeds in a small saucepan over medium heat, tossing constantly, for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Place the watercress, witlof, salmon, green shallots and ginger in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing, place the vinegar, oil, wasabi, sugar and salt in a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently until combined. Divide amongst serving plates and arrange the avocado amongst the leaves. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and serve immediately with the baguette slices.