Watermelon adds freshness and sweetness to the citrus flavours of this gourmet ceviche.
- 300g piece sashimi-grade tuna
- 450g piece seedless watermelon, rind removed
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons very finely chopped Spanish onion
- 2 witlof
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons very finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons baby coriander leaves
- Cut tuna and watermelon into 5mm-cubes and place in separate bowls. Drain watermelon, then add to tuna with lime juice, chilli and onion. Cover and refrigerate for 5-15 minutes to allow the flavours to develop*.
- Trim bases from witlof, then place on a serving platter. Drain some of the marinating liquid from tuna mixture, then stir in oil and chives. Fill witlof with tuna mixture and top with a few coriander leaves. Serve.