There's barely any cooking involved in this low-GI meal - and only one pan to wash!
- 250g dried wholemeal spiral pasta
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed, cut into 2cm lengths diagonally
- 1 x 425g can tuna in springwater, drained, flaked
- 1 large Lebanese cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh continental parsley
- 80ml (1/3 cup) 100 per cent fat-free French dressing
- 60g bocconcini, torn
- 1 x 270g can corn kernels, drained
- 3 ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Add the asparagus in the last 2 minutes of cooking. Refresh under cold running water. Drain and return to the pan.
- Add the tuna, corn, tomato, cucumber, parsley and dressing to the pasta mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Toss until well combined.
- Divide pasta mixture among serving bowls. Top with bocconcini to serve.