Try something different with tuna pasta by adding basil pesto and capers to the mix.
- 400g fusilli pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small red onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup baby capers, drained
- 2 x 250g punnets cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 425g can tuna in oil, drained, broken into large chunks
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, capers, tomatoes and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 6 to 7 minutes or until onion and tomatoes are soft.
- Drain pasta, reserving 2 tablespoons of cooking water. Return pasta and cooking water to pan. Add tomato mixture, pesto and tuna. Season with salt and pepper. Stir over low heat until well combined. Serve.