Try out this amazing Maltese dish and impress your family and friends
- 600g of tripe (boiled)
- 2 medium sized aubergines
- 250g of tomato sauce
- 1 spoonful of sugar
- 2 spoonfuls of almonds (toasted and chopped)
- 1 onion â€“ some cinnamon
- Seed oil â€“ salt â€“ pepper
- Fry the aubergines in seed oil (cut into cubes).
- Stir fry the onion (finely chopped) in a pan and, when browned, add the tomato sauce.
- Cook for a few minutes, then add the boiled tripe (cut into small pieces) and the cubes of aubergines to the sauce.
- Add salt and pepper, sprinkle with sugar, a little cinnamon and finally the almonds.
- Continue cooking for 5 minutes and then put the pan into the oven (pre-heated) for a further 10 minutes.