Get the kids involved in the kitchen with this easy and healthy recipe.
- 650g firm white fish fillets, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Ayam Thai red curry paste
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime rind
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, deveined, shredded
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- Peanut oil, for shallow-frying
- 100g snow pea sprouts, trimmed
- 1 medium Lebanese cucumber, halved, thinly sliced
- 250g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Process fish, curry paste, onion, lime rind and lime leaves until almost smooth. Shape 2 level tablespoons mixture into a patty. Toss in flour to coat. Place on a tray. Repeat with remaining mixture and flour.
- Heat oil in a large deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook fish cakes, in batches, for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel (see box, right).
- Meanwhile, make salad: Place sprouts, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, onion, mint, sweet chilli sauce and lime juice in a bowl. Toss to combine. Serve fish cakes with salad.