Ward off midweek madness by dishing up this meal for a delicious dinner.
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 4 (150g each) chicken breast fillets
- 270g packet dried soba noodles
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 1 small red capsicum, cut into 1cm-thick strips
- 2 cups beansprouts, trimmed
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce in a shallow ceramic dish. Add chicken. Turn to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles in a saucepan of boiling water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Using a vegetable peeler, cut cucumber and carrot into long, thin ribbons. Place in a large bowl.
- Spray a large frying pan with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Thinly slice. Add noodles, capsicum, beansprouts, onion and chicken to cucumber and carrot. Combine sesame oil, lemon juice and remaining teriyaki sauce in a jug. Pour over noodle mixture. Toss to combine. Serve.