Serve Tandoori beef skewers with coconut rice and raita for an authentic Indian weeknight dinner.
- 800g sirloin steak, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 1/2 tablespoons tandoori paste
- 2 tablespoons thick Greek-style yoghurt
- Sunflower oil, to brush
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice, cooked to packet instructions
- 1/3 cup (30g) desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons curry leaves, or mint, finely chopped
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Lime wedges, to serve
- 3/4 cup (210g) thick Greek-style yoghurt
- If using wooden skewers, soak in warm water for 15 minutes.
- Thread the beef onto the skewers. Combine the tandoori paste with 2 tbs yoghurt and season. Rub over the meat and set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the raita, combine all the ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat a chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Brush the pan with oil and cook skewers, in batches, turning, for 5-6 minutes until slightly charred. Set aside to rest, covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
- Combine cooked rice with coconut and serve with skewers, raita and lime wedges.