Curtis Stones' T-bone steaks with smoky barbecue sauce and corn salad are a match made in heaven.
- 4 x 400g thick T-bone steaks
- 4 corn cobs, husks on
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 150g feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped tarragon
- 80g wild rocket leaves
- 1/2 firmly packed cup (125g) brown sugar
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 5 thyme sprigs
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (pimenton)
- For barbecue sauce, place a saucepan over high heat for 1 minute, then reduce heat to medium-high. Add the sugar, then stir for 2-3 minutes until melted and caramelised. Add tomato, onion and garlic, and cook for 5-7 minutes until the onion softens. Add the vinegar, thyme and paprika, then simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly. Season with salt and pepper. Makes 11/3 cups.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium-high heat. Cook corn, turning, for 10 minutes or until tender. Set aside. Season the steaks, then cook for 5 minutes each side for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Remove corn husks and silks, then cut away the kernels and transfer to a large bowl. Add the oil, zest, juice, feta and tarragon, then toss to combine.
- Divide the steaks and rocket leaves among serving plates, then spoon the corn salad over the rocket. Drizzle some of the smoky barbecue sauce over the steaks and serve immediately.