Try out this amazing Maltese dish and impress your family and friends
- 5 bell peppers
- 3 aubergines
- 2 balls of mozzarella
- 2 medium sized onions
- 2 medium sized tomatoes chopped, peeled and seeded
- 600gr tuna
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 2 spoons of capers
- A pinch of oregano and basil
- 3 spoons of bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 120 grms stuffed green olives
- Olive oil
- 2 minced garlic
- 1 chopped celery
- 1.Place the aubergines in a bowl with water, and insert some salt in it.
- 2. Leave them there for an hour and then sift them.
- 3. Rinse, dry and then fry them in olive oil for around 15 minutes. Dry them again with a paper.
- 4. Insert the aubergines in a blender and when theyâ€™re ready place them in a bowl where you add the tuna, onion, garlic, olives, eggs, a hint of olive oil, oregano, capers, celery, 2 spoons of breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. Stir for a few minutes.
- 5. Remove the top of the peppers and put them on a plate. Hence remove the insides (seeds and pith).
- 6. Start heating the oven at a temperature of 160Â°C.
- 7. Pick up spoons of the aubergine mixture and insert into the peppers.
- 8. Put them in a dish with some water together with the tops of the peppers.
- 9. Place a slice of tomato and mozzarella on each pepper and sprinkle with some more oil, the last spoon of bread crumbs and basil.
- 10. Bake for around 30 to 35 minutes. You can put an aluminium foil on top if you prefer.