This recipe is easy to make and really tasty! Try it out!
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 slices leg ham, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1/3 cup prepared basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons pitted black olives, chopped
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- Salt & black pepper
- Fry onion, ham and capsicum in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil for 5 minutes until onion is tender. Remove from pan and place in a bowl. Add pesto and olives to mixture and mix well.
- Cut a deep pocket into the thick part of the chicken breast fillets. Fill each with a quarter of the mixture and secure opening with toothpicks. Dust with seasoned flour.
- Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and cook chicken fillets for about 15 minutes until golden and cooked though.
- Slice chicken into 3 pieces and serve with salad leaves or steamed vegetables.