Try out this amazing Maltese dish and impress your family and friends
- 1 whole rabbit loin, boned
- 1 rabbit liver
- 8 sun dried tomatoes
- 2 fresh rosemary springs
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 100 gr. lardo, thinly sliced
- 60 gr. parma ham, thinly sliced
- 25 gr. canellini beans, soaked overnight
- 25 gr. pinto beans, soaked overnight
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 carrot cut in brouniose
- 1 lt. rabbit stock
- 250 ml. meat jus
- 25 ml. balsamic vinegar
- Baby vegetables of your choice
- 1. Sear the liver on high heat, and leave rare. Set aside and start the rabbit preparation.
- 2. Place the Parma ham slices on a sheet of grease proof paper.
- 3. Top with the slices of the lardo and set the boned loin on top.
- 4. Season the loin with salt and pepper, and spread the garlic, rosemary leaves, sun dried tomatoes and the liver. Roll tightly and secure in alufoil.
- 5. Boil the beans separately.
- 6. SautÃ© the shallots add the carrot and cook with some white wine and half the rabbit stock.
- 7. Let it reduce by one third and add the cooked beans, check seasoning and simmer until cooked.
- 8. In a sauce pan put the balsamic vinegar and remaining rabbit stock and reduce by half, add the meat jus and simmer until it becomes like thick syrup.
- 9. Seal the rabbit loin on a hot flat grill or a dry pan.
- 10. Cook in a fairly hot oven (170Â°C) for about 20 minutes. Check by inserting a metal skewer in the centre and see that a clear juice comes out. Serve as per picture or to your style.