Light up the barbie with these juicy steaks served with creamy tarragon sauce and golden baked potato chips.
- 1 kg brushed potatoes, peeled, cut into thick chips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 x 250g Australian Scotch Fillet Steaks, trimmed
- 1 brown onion shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- Steamed broccolini, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200C. Place potato on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons olive oil. Season with salt. Bake, turning once, for 40 mins or until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Season steaks with salt and pepper. Cook steaks for 2-3 mins each side for medium-rare. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside for 5 mins to rest.
- Add the shallot to the same pan and cook over low heat for 1-2 mins or until softened. Add the vinegar and cook for 1 min or until mostly evaporated. Add the cream, mustard and tarragon. Cook over low heat for 3 mins or until mixture has thickened slightly. Season with salt and pepper. Add the resting juices from the steak and stir to combine.
- Spoon the sauce over the steak. Serve with the chips and steamed broccolini.