This beautiful salsa verde lifts the flavour of the steak and makes it extra special.
- 700g chat potatoes
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 250g baby truss tomatoes
- 4 (125g each) beef rump steaks
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Cook potato in a saucepan of boiling, salted water for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return to pan. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through and skin starts to blister. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Return pan to high heat. Add steaks. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer steaks to plates. Cover.
- Add 1/4 cup cold water to pan. Stir to loosen any scraps from base. Add basil, parsley, lemon juice, oil and garlic. Stir to combine. Place steaks on plates. Spoon over basil mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with halved potatoes and tomatoes.