Create a gourmet meal in minutes with this delicious steak with pepper cream and kipfler chips recipe.
- 600g kipfler potatoes, quartered lengthways
- 4 x 250g scotch fillet steaks
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil, plus extra to brush
- 2 tbs chopped thyme leaves
- 150g sour cream
- 1 tbs peppercorns in brine, drained, chopped
- Place potato in a large saucepan of cold salted water, cover and bring to the boil, then cook for 6 minutes or until just tender. Drain well.
- Preheat oven to 100C.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frypan over high heat. Brush steaks with olive oil and season. Cook for 21/2 minutes each side for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, loosely cover with foil and set aside to rest.
- Wipe frypan clean using paper towel, then place over medium-high heat and add 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil. Cook half the potato, turning, for 3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to an oven tray, then place in the oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining 1/4 cup (60ml) oil and potato. Place potato in a bowl with thyme, season well with sea salt and toss to combine.
- Combine sour cream and peppercorns, season with sea salt, then stir in the meat resting juices and 2 tsp water to loosen to a drizzling consistency.
- Serve steaks immediately with pepper cream and kipfler chips.