Liven up the classic steak sandwich with beetroot, pineapple and rocket.
- 6 scotch fillet steaks, trimmed
- olive oil cooking spray
- 6 rashers rindless bacon, halved
- 6 slices fresh pineapple
- 12 slices white bread, toasted
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 bunch rocket leaves
- 1 large beetroot, trimmed, peeled, coarsely grated
- jacket potatoes, to serve
- Preheat a barbecue plate and grill on high heat. Spray both sides of steaks with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place steaks on grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, add bacon and pineapple to barbecue plate. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until bacon is crisp and pineapple is light golden.
- Place 6 slices of toast on a chopping board. Spread with barbecue sauce. Top each with rocket, steak, bacon, pineapple, beetroot and remaining toast. Place on serving plates. Serve with jacket potatoes.